Intern Abroad in Hong Kong Being an international financial center with the world’s freest economy, Hong Kong is Asia’s most globally connected city. As one can imagine, business and commerce create a constant buzz in the city and the fast-paced pulse can be felt around the clock. The central business district makes up one of the world’s most beautiful skylines, and with a closer look, one can see colonial buildings and modern architecture competing for space and attention. Hong Kong is a densely populated city, but with over 60% of the land left undeveloped, it offers a wide range of outlets for recreation, relaxation, and exploration in the great outdoors.
Get the inside scoop on studying abroad in Hong Kong!
Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and is the primary gateway to mainland China. It is situated at the southern coast of mainland China and is within four hours of all major Asian cities and resorts. Born of a fusion from ancient Chinese heritage and a long period of Western influence, this small island is a cross-cultural and diversified city where English and Chinese, tai chi and soccer, towering skyscrapers and historical sites all exist side by side. Here lies the bridge between the East and the West.
Top Reasons to Intern Abroad in Hong Kong
1. As a Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong is the gateway to mainland China.
2. Four of Hong Kong’s eight universities are ranked in the top 200 universities in the world, with University of Hong Kong ranked 18th.
3. It is an ultra-modern city interwoven with ancient tradition and a blend of Eastern and Western influences.
4. With 60% of Hong Kong undeveloped, you can easily escape the bustling city life.
5. English is an official language, and both Cantonese and Mandarin are also widely spoken.
Not sure what to do next? We can help!