Study Abroad in China China is a country with an ancient history, a brilliant civilization, and beautiful landscapes. China is often touted as having one of the world’s oldest surviving civilizations whose people have shared a common culture for more than 5,000 years. Philosophers, emperors, foreign conquerors, political leaders, and civil war have all left their marks on China’s colorful history, but the people’s culture has endured and remained constant.
As their civilization developed, the people excelled in science and artistic expression. Many examples have endured the test of time and are revered today as national treasures and historical sites. Over 30 sites in China are now World Heritage listed and protected. They include ancient architectural complexes and a number of historical relics, forming an important basis for the study of China’s ancient culture and history.
In recent years, China has emerged from isolation and captured the attention of the world by accomplishing astonishing technical achievements and driving their economy at a dazzling pace. The blending of ancient traditions, technological advancement, economic reform, and government control is creating a new China that is dynamic and cannot be defined in conventional ways. There is no argument that China will continue to make a significant impact on world affairs, but just how and to what extent is the topic of much debate.
Top Reasons to Study in China
- One out of every five people in the world speak Mandarin Chinese.
- Learning Mandarin and understanding Chinese culture will open up a world of career opportunities.
- China has one of the world’s oldest continuous civilizations coupled with one of the world’s fastest developing societies provides a fascinating contrast of old traditions and modern lifestyles.
- Chinese philosophers, politicians, inventors, farmers and artists have hugely influenced the world.
- The world looks to China with wonder and curiosity about its future and its impact on the world.