Study Abroad in Greece
From stunning displays of ancient architecture and rich tradition to gorgeous coastline and pristine beaches, Greece offers an exciting infusion of alluring antiquity and natural splendor. Known as the “cradle of Western civilization,” Greece is most commonly known for its classical past and contributions to democracy, Western literature, philosophy, and drama, and the Olympic Games. Greece today is a vibrantly modern nation, known as one of the safest, friendliest, and most relaxed countries in Europe. Abundant with diverse cultures and landscapes, not to mention mouth-watering Mediterranean cuisine, you will not want to leave this captivating country… that is, not until you realize that you are only a short distance away from fascinating vacation destinations like Turkey and Italy!
Greece Study Abroad Program Highlights
- Field trips included, such as the Acropolis of Athens, the waterfalls of Edessa, and the thrones of Mt. Olympus.
- Lecture series about political, social, cultural, and international issues.
- Lots of clubs and societies available American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) provides high quality programs in various areas, including liberal arts, business, information technology, international relations and diplomacy, energy management, sustainability, and Greek language studies.
- ACT also provides a wide range of extra-curricular activities, volunteer opportunities, and travel opportunities.
Top Reasons to Study Abroad in Greece
- In Greece you will walk among ancient ruins and experience firsthand the birthplace of Western civilization itself. Watch Greek dramas performed in their original theaters at the Hellenic Festival or bask in the presence of Greece’s most famous ancient ruin, the Acropolis. Studying in Greece offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to get up-close and personal with the ideas and events that formed the basis of Western philosophy and culture.
- You will be made to feel at home among the friendly, welcoming Greek population. You will find the morerelaxed pace of life of Southeastern Europe to be a refreshing alternative to the hustle and bustle of many North America cities.
- With easy access to gorgeous beaches and majestic mountains, opportunities for outdoor activities in Greece are numerous and diverse. Whether you want to go scuba diving, climb to the top of Mount Olympus, or sail between Greece’s 1400 islands, exhilarating adventures await you in this breath-taking country.
By: Beth McCabe
I traveled to Greece during my semester abroad in Europe and it blew me away. The history! The food! The beautiful water! The friendly people!
During my trip, I kept wishing I had more time to spend exploring the country. Traveling somewhere is wonderful, but studying abroad gives you a much more in-depth understanding of a country.
Not sure what to do next? We can help!