Study Abroad in Australia
The sixth largest country in the world, Australia is nearly the same size as the continental United States and home to 20 million people. Boasting some of the most spectacular travel destinations in the world, Australia’s biggest attraction is its natural beauty. Australia is well known for its varied landscapes from the red deserts of the Outback to the white sand beaches that surround nearly the entire continent. Just off the Queensland Coast visitors will find the largest coral reef system on Earth, the Great Barrier Reef, which stretches more than 1,600 miles (2,600 km).
Discover Contemporary Australia
Australia’s culture is both contemporary and innovative. In this increasingly global world, the country of Australia has built a strong reputation for being a leader in the sciences, a partner to Asia, and an innovator in the arts.
Australia is a modern, highly educated culture with a hunger for knowledge and research. Australia has contributed to the international science and research fields through fascinating discoveries, high quality educational opportunities, and international collaboration. And because Australia is geographically located near Asia, one of the fastest developing regions of the world, Australia possesses immediate ties to some of the most powerful global economic and industrial exporters in the world. Plus, with inspiring landscapes, diverse cultural identities, and a flair for the creative, Australia has a uniqueness reflected dynamically through the arts.
Top Reasons to Study in Australia
- Australia is a big place full of opportunities for adventure. The diversity of activities in Australia is matched only by the diversity of its natural wonders and sophisticated cities.
- The Aboriginal culture is one of the oldest on Earth, lending to its mystique and uniqueness.
- Australia is closer than you think. Did you know that flying from Los Angeles to Sydney takes exactly the same amount of time as flying from Los Angeles to Rome?
- No matter what the time of year, somewhere in Australia the weather is warm and wonderful. The seasons are reversed so when it is winter in North America, it is summer in Australia. Even the “cooler” months are considered the best time to see the deserts and tropical north.
- Everyone speaks English, so you will feel right at home and easily mix in with the locals.
There's Nothing Like Australia