PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE DUE WEDNESDAY, MAY 22.
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad is expanding our Regional Director Team! As such, we are seeking a candidate for this position without restrictions on geographic location, and this position is in addition to the recently advertised position which closed on Monday, May 13.
Position: Regional Director
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, based outside Denver in Westminster, Colorado, is a leading provider of education abroad programs for college-level students in destinations across the globe. Students from more than 600 universities and colleges across North America choose to study with GlobaLinks Learning Abroad each semester via its educational programs in Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific Region, Asia, Latin America, Europe and the UK. Celebrating over 20 years of experience in education abroad, and having successfully sent more than 20,000 students abroad, GlobaLinks Learning Abroad facilitates direct enrollment for both semester and year education abroad, summer short course programs, specialty academic semester and non-semester programs, custom faculty-led short courses, internships, and full degree opportunities.
The Regional Director position is part of the Institutional Relations team and reports to the Director of US Institutional Relations and Recruitment. This position is responsible for the marketing of GlobaLinks Learning Abroad programs to North American universities including both advisors and students within a particular geographic area. Regional Directors act as primary contact for university education abroad advisors/directors, with responsibility for quality service and support to all relationships; primary focus on development and expansion of existing, as well as new, partnerships in education abroad. Regional Directors are responsible for developing a marketing strategy for their region of the US, which includes an advertising budget, and conduct marketing efforts that adhere to this strategy.
Specifically, this position requires an experienced professional who will operate independently and proactively with advisors, students, faculty and staff. We encourage participation and presentations in nationwide and local international education organizations like NAFSA and the Forum on Education Abroad. The team of Regional Directors works collectively on development; supporting the organizational mission and developing new programs and opportunities.
The Regional Director position requires extensive travel within a multi-state region to meet marketing responsibilities which include attending campus events (education abroad and degree fairs), information sessions, presentations, conferences and meetings. The Regional Director will organize their own travel arrangements, accommodations, car rentals, and any necessary related travel needs.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree. Masters preferred.
- Previous experience studying, traveling, working or volunteering abroad.
- At least 5 years in the field of International Education either with another program or within a university environment.
- Demonstrated desire to serve in the field of international education as evidenced by involvement with other related organizations, presentations, or service in the community.
- Prefer background/skills in marketing, customer service, and relationship management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and dependability in a non-structured work environment.
- Commitment to an extensive travel schedule
- Experience developing and working within a budget
- Proficient computer skills are required, including knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Competency with social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Competitive salary with full medical, dental and 401k benefit. Other benefits offered based on term of employment. This is a permanent full-time position with additional vacation benefits between June 1 and July 31 each year.
Approximate Start Date: July 15
Close Date: Send cover letter and resume no later than Monday, May 22
Send materials to: Eric Anderson at email@example.com, preferably in PDF format.