- MyLearn on-line admissions system
- Course selection and credit transfer
- Immigration visa assistance
- Travel arrangements & airport pickup
- Financial aid transfer and financial planning
- Pre-departure webinar
- Comprehensive participant guide
- Help for parents and advisors
Day Trips & Weekend Excursions
(included in program fees or offered for a reasonable additional cost)
Individualized Attention During the Pre-Departure Process
From the moment you first inquire, our friendly staff will be attentive to your individual goals, answer all of your questions, and assist with determining the best university/program for you. Once you have made your program selection and have been accepted to a program, your GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Program Manager will assist you, your parents, and your advisors through the pre-departure preparation process. Individual attention is paid to each student, and guidance is provided to students of all races, as well as GLBTQA students, and those with specific religious/cultural needs, special learning requirements, or physical disabilities. Our program staff is available daily 8 - 5 MT Monday - Friday via phone, email, or in person.
Your Program Manager will provide:
- Step-by-Step Guidance: Advice and assistance specific to you to select your classes, obtain transfer credit pre-approval at your home university, book airline tickets, arrange housing, transfer financial aid, seek out volunteer abroad opportunities, and much more.
- Pre-departure Webinars: Just before departure, you will take part in an informative webinar held by our staff as part of your pre-departure orientation.
- Comprehensive Participant Guide and Departure Information: You will receive a detailed predeparture package, which includes additional orientation materials, some great giveaways, and emergency contact details.
- Emergency After Hours Support: We have a 24- hour emergency contact phone number in the U.S.
- Immigration Visa and Passport Advice: We will make sure you get the right documents for your program.
- MyLearn Online Portal: Your personal MyLearn account on our website will be an essential tool to complete your pre-departure orientation and preparation.
Tuition and University Fees
Your program fee includes the tuition for the summer program you select. The number of credits you will earn is dependent on which program you select.
After completion of your time abroad, we will provide you and your home university with your official transcript and guidance on credit transfer.
24/7 Onsite Student Support and Service
We take our role in the health and safety of our students seriously and thus employ a staff of overseas Resident Directors and Resident Coordinators to provide 24/7 support.
Accommodation and Meals
GlobaLinks Learning includes guaranteed housing for all summer and January abroad programs. Travel-based program participants may be housed in hotels, hostels, dorms, research stations, or other similar options. Campus-based programs will typically have single-room housing at or near the university. Some homestay options are also available. Many programs include some meals, however some housing is self-catered, meaning you will cook for yourself.
Travel Arrangements and Airport Pick-up
For some destinations, we will have group flights set up through our travel partner, STA Travel. In other cases, you will be provided with specific details and suggested itineraries for booking your flights. Regardless, your travel will be arranged through our online system in conjunction with STA Travel. The cost of the flights will vary and thus are not included in the program fees.
We understand that you want to remain connected while abroad. Access to Internet and cell phones is included in each program, though the delivery varies by destination. In many cases, Internet is included in your housing; however, in other locations, this isn’t possible and other arrangements are made. The specifics regarding Internet access will be clearly explained, and cell phone or SIM card purchase will be offered to you during your onsite orientation.
All GlobaLinks Learning Abroad students are provided with comprehensive health insurance through HTH Worldwide. Your policy extends throughout the duration of your program to ensure you are adequately covered while abroad. See www.globalinksabroad.org/Insurance for moreinformation.
Global Citizen Development
Our Global Citizen Development modules are online learning components created to enhance your study abroad experience. Through the 3 modules, you will refine your skills in cross-cultural observation, adaptation, and communication. The 3 modules are built to give you a comprehensive, self directed learning experience. Check it out at www.globalinkscitizens.org.
Designed to provide you with the tools and outlets for reflection and application of your international experience, our Alumni Program supports you even after you have returned home.
Day Trips and Excursions
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad summer programs include excursions either as a field trip associated with a specific course or as an additional activity outside of your academic focus. Be sure to review the "Program Highlights" section of each program for more specific details.
Ready To Begin Planning Your Summer Study Abroad Program?
Why GlobaLinks Learning Abroad?
Why study abroad next summer or January with GlobaLinks Learning Abroad? With over 20 years of experience sending over 20,000 overseas, we're the experts in sending US and Canadian students to Australia and New Zealand. Read about what gives GlobaLinks Learning Abroad their reputation as the leading provider of study abroad programs to the South Pacific.
**Please note that due to the nature of short term programs, program fees are subject to change at any time if minimum number of participants is not met by the application deadline. GlobaLinks Learning Abroad will notify all students if a program fee may be altered after invoicing has taken place.