Everything You Would Expect...
- MyLearn on-line admissions system
- Course selection and credit transfer
- Immigration visa assistance
- Travel arrangements & airport pickup
- Financial aid transfer and financial planning
- Pre-departure webinar
- Comprehensive participant guide
- Help for parents and advisors
Individualized Attention During the Pre-Departure Process
From the moment you first inquire, our friendly staff will be attentive to your individual goals, answer all of your questions, and assist with determining the best university/program for you. Once you have made your program selection and have been accepted to a program, your GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Program Manager will assist you, your parents, and your advisors through the pre-departure preparation process. Individual attention is paid to each student, and guidance is provided to students of all races, as well as GLBTQA students, and those with specific religious/cultural needs, special learning requirements, or physical disabilities. Our program staff is available daily 8 - 5 MT Monday - Friday via phone, email, or in person.
Your Program Manager will provide:
- Step-by-Step Guidance: Advice and assistance specific to you to select your classes, obtain transfer credit pre-approval at your home university, book airline tickets, arrange housing, transfer financial aid, seek out volunteer abroad opportunities, and much more.
- Pre-departure Webinars: Just before departure, you will take part in an informative webinar held by our staff as part of your pre-departure orientation.
- Comprehensive Participant Guide and Departure Information: You will receive a detailed predeparture package, which includes additional orientation materials, some great giveaways, and emergency contact details.
- Emergency After Hours Support: We have a 24- hour emergency contact phone number in the U.S.
- Immigration Visa and Passport Advice: We will make sure you get the right documents for your program.
- MyLearn Online Portal: Your personal MyLearn account on our website will be an essential tool to complete your pre-departure orientation and preparation.
Tuition and University Fees
Your program fee includes the tuition at the university abroad for full-time study (typically 4 classes). Additional charges may apply for specific science, media, fine arts, or journalism subjects at some universities. The sports and recreation fees may be an additional cost.
After completion of your semester abroad, we will provide you and your home university with your official transcript and guidance on credit transfer.
24/7 Onsite Student Support and Service
We take our role in the health and safety of our students seriously and thus employ a staff of overseas Resident Directors and Resident Coordinators to provide 24/7 support and organize Discovery Activities during your time abroad.
Housing to Fit Your Lifestyle
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad offers guaranteed pre-arranged accommodation during your study abroad program. Private, single rooms are standard (although double rooms are available) with shared common space, which could include living and dining areas, a gym, pool, or gardens. Meals are frequently included in the housing fee. In locations here multiple housing options exist, such as Australia, furnished options range from budget conscious to luxury high-rise living, including options where meals are included or where you have the opportunity to cook for yourself.
You will be able to live with locals or other international students in residential halls, apartments, or shared houses. You can even choose to arrange your own housing if you are looking for something beyond our wide range of guaranteed pre-arranged options.
Each program profile will indicate the types of housing options available at that particular site. These include:
Pre-Arranged Accommodation With Meals - Typically a residence hall on/near campus with at least 2 meals served each day.
Pre-Arranged Accommodation Without Meals - Typically apartments or houses near campus with a kitchen and other common space.
Housing Arranged upon Arrival - Not recommended in all locations. Be sure to contact us regarding this option.
Homestays - A homestay is a unique opportunity to live with a local family or individual. Not available in all locations.
*Please note that housing is not typically included in the program fees as it is specific to the accommodation in which you are placed. Our fee information provides a range of additional costs for accommodation, and housing is usually charged as a separate fee once we have confirmation of your housing placement.
Travel Arrangements and Airport Pick-up
For some destinations, we will have group flights set up through our travel partner, STA Travel. In other cases, you will be provided with specific details and suggested itineraries for booking your flights. Regardless, your travel will be arranged through our online system in conjunction with STA Travel. The cost of the flights will vary and thus are not included in the program fees.
We understand that you want to remain connected while abroad. Access to Internet and cell phones is included in each program, though the delivery varies by destination. In many cases, Internet is included in your housing; however, in other locations, this isn’t possible and other arrangements are made. The specifics regarding Internet access will be clearly explained, and cell phone or SIM card purchase will be offered to you during your onsite orientation.
All GlobaLinks Learning Abroad students are provided with comprehensive health insurance through HTH Worldwide. Your policy extends throughout the duration of your program to ensure you are adequately covered while abroad. See www.globalinksabroad.org/Insurance for moreinformation.
Designed to provide you with the tools and outlets for reflection and application of your international experience, our Alumni Program supports you even after you have returned home.