The GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Alumni Ambassador program gives exceptional, outgoing, and socially-connected alumni the opportunity to share their international experience on their home university campus upon returning from their time abroad.
As an Ambassador, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with prospective students to teach them about the value of study abroad, while highlighting your personal experiences and the benefits of going abroad with GlobaLinks.
You must meet the following criteria in order to apply for the Alumni Ambassador program:
- Successful completion of a GlobaLinks Learning Abroad program
- Be enrolled in a U.S. College or University for the 2013 – 2014 academic year
- Have an overall GPA above 2.5/4.0
As an Alumni Ambassador, you are expected to commit 10 hours per month to promote GlobaLinks Learning Abroad programs on campus and online. To make sure you have the most up-to-date information about our programs, you will attend GlobaLinks University in Colorado July 23rd through July 26th. You must attend this training in order to be part of the Ambassador program. GlobaLinks Learning Abroad is happy to cover airfare/transportation, accommodation and meals during this training.
As a GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Alumni Ambassador, you will complete the 10 hours per month requirement in a variety of ways, including:
- Hosting information tables on your campus (with study abroad office approval)
- Attending study abroad fairs on your campus
- Presenting to classes, organizations, and clubs on your campus
- Submitting blog posts to the GlobaLinks Learning Abroad blog
- Promoting GlobaLinks Learning Abroad through various social media outlets
- Hanging posters on your campus
- Speaking with students on your campus who are interested in studying abroad with GlobaLinks Learning Abroad
- Any other promotional activities that have been approved by GlobaLinks Learning Abroad
Benefits of the Ambassador Program
Becoming a GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Alumni Ambassador provides you with a variety of benefits such as growing your social network and building your professional skills. Upon successful completion of a year of service (August - May), you will also receive the following:
- An $500 STA Travel voucher to use as you please
- A letter of recommendation
- The chance to earn a trip to New Zealand to serve as a Bridging Cultures Buddy on our New Zealand Bridging Cultures Program in July 2014.
How to Apply
Each April, students who studied abroad through GlobaLinks Learning Abroad in the past year will be invited to apply to become a GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Ambassador.
To apply, you must submit the following materials by May 17, 2013:
- Alumni Ambassador Application
- Your resume/CV
- A picture of you during your time abroad.
Materials should be submitted to email@example.com.
If you have questions about the Alumni Ambassador program, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-980-0033.