Our Internship Program Just Got Better - New Changes for 2013
Our unpaid internships in Australia; New Zealand; Hong Kong; Shanghai, China; and Valencia, Spain are global career-building experiences in which students gain high-quality work experience along with an unparalleled international experience. Our programs are more than just a placement as they include our Bridging Cultures Program, discovery activities run by on-site staff, housing, academic credit, and more. Learn more about the changes:
Academic Credit for 6 and 10 Week Programs For 2013:
- The academic credit through our school of record, Chapman University, will now be optional for the 10 week program and we have now added credit as an option for the 6 week program.
- Credit will now also be issued as a letter grade instead of Pass/No Pass.
- Students enrolling in the 6 week program will receive 4 credits and students enrolling in the 10 week program will receive 6 credits.
- Students receiving credit will be supervised and assessed by the GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Academic Supervisor.
Helping Your Students Articulate Their International Experience
To help your students receive the most value for their investment in their international internship experience, we are providing them with a Personal Brand Toolbox. The Toolbox will help students discover ways to integrate their international experience into their personal brand. The personal brand toolbox includes:
- Branding Yourself by Erik Deckers and Kyle Lacy - An easy step-by-step book for tangibles on building your brand
- Specially designed business/networking cards to take on the program to encourage networking
- Resources or online workshop which focuses on LinkedIn account information and utilization
- A pre-departure assessment on current brand strength
New Website Specifically for Internships
We are pleased to announce the launch of a new internship-specific website: www.gointernabroad.com designed for students and advisors investigating international internship options. Visitors can review sample internship placements, read articles about the value of international internships, and explore the details of our 6 and 10 week programs.
Coming to CIEE in Shanghai?
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad and Next Step Connections will be hosting the SHANGHAI EXPRESS - an informational luncheon allowing you a special opportunity to gain insights on the life of our internship participants in Shanghai. As an advisor who wants students to gain global competencies, you are undoubtedly eager for insight into what a student in Shanghai will encounter during an internship abroad and how the experience will benefit their future career path.
Selected attendees will have the opportunity to discover more about…
- The Global Career-Building Experience – learn how our internship programs are much more than a placement!
- Internship Sites, Housing, and In-Country Support
- Academic Credit
- Specialized University Internship Programming
As space is limited, please contact Irene Gawel at email@example.com for further details of the luncheon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 in Shanghai, China.
Custom Faculty-Led Short Courses – NOW IN CHINA & SPAIN!
Available in: Pacific Region - Australia, New Zealand, Fiji; Asia - Throughout Greater China (including Hong Kong); Spain
We are a long-established leader in designing specialized faculty-led short courses abroad to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, and through partnership with two key organizations, we are now able to offer programs in China and Spain. GlobaLinks Learning Abroad can design and implement a program of any duration from one week to a full semester at typically less cost, and significantly less difficulty, than you can do on your own from a distance.
We can offer faculty led experiences in any academic discipline. Programs can be of a length of your choosing and can be academic in nature with a taught component abroad, or more cultural in nature with touring, guest speaker and industry site visits built in, or a mixture of both.
Our Custom Specialty Program Locations:
- Pacific Region – Australia, New Zealand, Fiji – any location in those three countries or a combination of one or more
- Asia – Throughout Greater China, including Hong Kong. Through our partnership with Next Step Connections, we can program specialty customized programs in any academic area for both undergraduate and graduate programs, including MBA and graduate business study tours. All programs offer an English-speaking guide if desired.
- Europe – Spain – Barcelona, Madrid, Salamanca, Seville. Through our partnership with Active Learning Abroad, we can program specialty customized programs in any academic area in the destinations of Barcelona, Madrid, Salamanca and Spain. All programs offer an English-speaking guide if desired. Various housing styles are available, including homestays, apartments and residences.
For more information about these programs, contact Steve Luther, Director of Specialty Programs Outreach and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-980-0033, ext. 114.
Alumni Association Offers Students More Opportunities to Keep their Experience Alive
After serving students for more than two decades, GlobaLinks Learning Abroad has alumni all over the world, at many different universities, and working in a wide variety of careers. Our alumni program is designed to appeal to all of our alumni audiences, whether they are 20 years into their careers or newly returned from studying abroad, we want to get our alumni involved. The new GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Alumni Association features four avenues of involvement:
Read More: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/9/prweb9843510.htm
- Alumni Association general membership - The 26,000+ members from all GlobaLinks Learning Abroad programs are automatically considered members of the Alumni Association upon program completion. Benefits include the opportunity to network with other alumni, support for re-entry and reverse culture shock, monthly newsletters, photo contests, and the chance to help steer the organization’s future through program evaluations.
- Street Team – Alumni across the U.S. and Canada are encouraged to get involved on their campuses by promoting study abroad to their peers. Street Team members encourage study abroad in a number of ways, including speaking in classrooms, putting on presentations for student groups, attending study abroad fairs, and more.
- Alumni Ambassadors – Our selected Alumni Ambassadors came out to Denver in August for 2 days of training. They will be promoting study abroad on their campus for us in partnership with their study abroad office. In exchange, the students gain resume-building professional development and a travel voucher toward airline travel of their choice.
- Alumna/Alumnus of the Year, Association President, Association Vice President – Each year, GlobaLinks Learning Abroad selects a program participant as its Alumna/Alumnus of the Year. To apply, individuals write essays and create videos. The winner attends the NAFSA national conference and speaks at our annual luncheon.